Human Factors Engineering /
Human factors engineering/Industrial design is an integral part of informed design.
We put the user at the center of every client problem we solve and engage HFE/ID experts to help ensure your products are usable, safe and effective by design.
The HFE/ID Process
Goals of HFE/ID
- Safety: Avoidance of user errors through structured HFE
- Efficacy: Resulting from safe use of the system(s)
- Usability: Resulting from applied industrial design (a branding discipline)
- Standardized: ISO/IEC 62366:2007 (for medical devices)
HFE/ID Hazard Analysis
- HFE starts with a concept and proposed user workflow.
- Hazardous situations are identified & applied to design.
- User studies are performed to study and refine the design (formative studies)
- Findings from formative studies are fed back to refine designs for risk reductions through risk management processes.
- Summative studies are performed to validate that user requirement are appropriate for safe use of the systems.